Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring Is Here

Long time no see???  Well, been sunk in life's shitty boring problems knee deep too long now.  Not a good excuse to not post, but hey, that's the best I've got :(
Anyway, I thought posting some beautiful photos would be a good way to say "hello" to a few fellow readers I have left...


Lately, work-life has gotten a tad boring, mostly as I don't have my discuss-everything-under-the-sun lunches with buddies at work anymore; instead have chosen to watch Youtube videos while I gobble down food at my desk, at wildly irregular times.  But all's not lost, or so it feels...
 
Sun was out for two straight days and skies were clear bright blue, almost made me feel lucky for being alive and be able to see this day (note: this is not an exaggeration when you live in Seattle)!  But my skepticism that Spring is upon me, didn't budge.  That is only until I cared to look around my office while I parked my car and walked towards my building: Cherry Blossom buds opening up!  So the very next day I brought along my camera (luckily it was sunny again!) and went on a stroll after lunch to shoot some pictures around the campus.  And here's the result: Spring is upon us guys!
Time to break out of winter clothes!  Gear up for some hiking, photography and camping!

Yes, if you let her have it her way, Nature does have a way of uplifting your mood on occasion, trying hard to make you re-believe that life is indeed beautiful.
These are just a few shots from around the campus, full album here on flickr: Spring 2014!
 

Equipment:
    Body-Canon EOS 6D (full frame)
    Lenses-Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro Lens & Canon 70-200mm IS F4L


Note: Weather turned sucky the very day after I took pictures and went only southwards for even worse on the weekend.  You know, that's the typical Seattle weather, awesome and great while I'm holed up in my little office but crappy on weekends when I have time to explore the outdoors ~~~sigh~~~ That's the finicky Pacific North West weather we all love so much :-)











Full album with many more photos here on flickr: Spring 2014!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abs stunning pictures!

namrataghadi said...

good to read your post after long time.. and gorgeous pics as always..

Rasika Mahabal said...

:-) what if ur boss reads ur post?

The Shaolin said...

@Rasika: Good point, I hadn't thought about it too hard :-S
I can only hope he understands what I'm talking about and trust that he asks me before concluding anything from this post. And that he focuses more on the bit where I say "But all's not lost..." :-)
And if I have done a good enough job, then there's a good chance that photos would distract him ;-)

Anonymous said...

Jst amzng pics dt u clickd.... nd the type of captrng flowrs pic's is shwng dt ur mnd is also vry btfl lk ds flwrs.... ur post is also very heart touching 4 evrbdy.......

Bored Senseless said...

I love your cherry blossom pictures.They are cherry blossoms right? Well I happened to read my own blog after ages..realized i was so stupid! And well went on to read so many comments on my posts and this is where I landed! So thought I'd drop in a hello! :)

Unknown said...

Nic pictures