Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Interesting Mumma at the gym

Today while I was working out on cross-trainer at the gym, I saw an amazing feat... While I was drenched in sweat, a beautiful lady (maybe in her late twenties) walked in. She had a very cute baby strapped to her belly/chest. I was wondering what is this lady doing here. She cleaned the cross trainer besides me, set up the magazine on the display board and gleefully hopped on to it! Man, she wanted to workout!

From the corner of my eye I saw her reading the magazine, working on cross-trainer, taking care of her baby strapped on to her chest and also talking on phone to somebody. I wasn't eavesdropping, but I bet the mommy was talking to older of her kids who might be old enough to be away from her for a few minutes. I guess she was consoling her... "Honey, mumma will be back home soon :)"

I could not help but stare at her a few times, and also the cute little baby. I smiled to myself, wondering her resolve to take care of everything all at once. All I hope is she didn't think I was laughing at her. Because quiet contrary, I was in fact considering her in very high regards. I didn't know precisely how to react, but I did spend a few moments wondering about her. And how highly would the kid think of her mumma when he grows up to be a sensible person. Besides, maybe this is a gross generalization, but I think that women are a little more efficient at multi-tasking then men, at least it is true of most women I have observed in India.

Kudos to all you women juggling many things at a time!


---- edit----
A verdict from an experienced buddy of mine, W0lf (aka Anshuman), who commented on this post, reproducing here where it is more likely to be noticed, only because I second that opinion:

As a married man, I have to agree :-). The best women are definitely better than the best of men ;-).

11 comments:

Sagar Bhanagay said...

Good one, Atul! U see, they are indeed modern-day 'Hirkanis'... :). Highest regards for them...

The Shaolin said...

@ Saggy, I second you on that!

namrataghadi said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Its great that you took the time to write a blog on such an interesting yet often overlooked topic. Keep it up man !!!

Anonymous said...

sahi ....

The Shaolin said...

@ Both Anonymous,
Thanks.
But I am wondering why would you choose to remain Anonymous :)

priti said...

some women can manage about everything and complain a very little;):P on the other side if u ask them the'driving force'behind this,you will find out different(equally)beuatiful reasons which keep them going..
sometimes the reason is 'man' itself!:)
you should repost this on 8th march too:D

Anonymous said...

I love this blog .... I love a man who respects women

The Shaolin said...

@Priti, I second you on that!

@Anon, Thanks, I'm honored!

Indrani said...

chooo chweet....
:)

anyway i totally agree to ur statement that women are better at multitasking :D

W0lf said...

As a married man, I have to agree :-). The best women are definitely better than the best of men ;-).