Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend update and funny demands

After a LONG LONG time, maybe a couple of months, we played a full game! We have been playing short games for quite some time now, due to lower turnaround of the gang. It took me a while to get adjusted to full game, it requires completely different skill set compared to short games. Controlling ball from long passes and making one is really tougher. But it was FUN! Wish the fun continues! There was once a time in U2 when people used to be at the ground at 7 SHARP, so that they don't have to wait as substitutes to get into the action. Even the senior-most and best of the players had to wait if they came late! But not anymore :-(

Apart from that... I would like to share a really funny thing from my workplace... There's a concept called as 'mid-week status report'. As the name suggests, its idea is to track where you are going wrt your schedule at the mid of the week, rather than at the end of the week. So that corrective measures can be applied (if applicable ;-) ) And guess what... we are expected to send such reports on Monday EOD! ROTFL!!! Such a ridiculous thing, isn't it! I couldn't control laughter when I heard about it! There might be logical reasons to demand this report by Monday EOD, but I wonder the usefulness of such reports. What makes it funnier is that we do send a weekly report just on Fridays! Plus 1 more report sometime during the week. GOD! I completely lost track of *when* all should a report be sent. Sometimes such things just drives me crazy :(

Besides that, weekend was plain average, but relaxing. With 2 product releases going on in parallel, I don't have much time for myself, and very little to share here. Hope to get over it soon.

1 comment:

Sweta said...

Thats indeed ridiculous and projects another flaw in organization development. I had been reading on organization design, dev and change. And when I get to how a particular design will fail (like a special Task force remember) I remember various things taken up at my past company and failed to make any contribution. I understand the reason now. Probably, the rulers should go back to basics to know the things right and the right way to apply them!