Thursday, October 20, 2005

Life off lately and Red Eye movie review

Posting after a LONG time. Well, it's not that I didn't have time, or nothing to write.
For time... If you *really* want to do something, you will have all the time on this planet to do it (there always are exceptions, though).
For something to write... Believe me, I have loads and loads to write. Most of the stuff I post are conceived while: I'm taking a shower, or driving (I know this is not a good habit), or talking to friends, or read something interesting, or am sad, or am happy, etc, etc.
So why the @#$% there have been no posts off lately??? Well, I haven't the zest to do so. Not that I'm toooooo stressed, or depressed, or over-worked, none of these. Some things just don't have explanations, that's the way life is. Every passing day life seems to be slipping off my hands. I believe I should stop for a while and organize my life. But with Diwali vacations curbed, I don't see this happening this so soon :'-( (sigh...)
Am reminded of this saying...
"Flow with whatever is happening and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate." -Chang Tzu
Well, if you have read so far, then you deserve a special treat ;-) Last week, I managed to see a movie in theater after a LONG time, Red Eye. On the scale of 10, I would rate it at 7.5!!!
Click here for trailer (requires Apple QuickTime).
Theme: Thriller Plot:After attending the funeral of her grandmother in Dallas, Lisa Reisert must take the dreaded late night flight back to Miami to make it to work the next day. Lisa soon meets Jackson Ripner and their attraction grows. But moments after take-off, she's a kidnapped woman! Threatened by the potential murder of her father, she is pulled into a plot to assist Jackson in offing a politician.
The movie *never* digresses from it's central theme, cast is perfect, direction is good and movie progresses at a pace fast enough to not let you move tushes off your seats! Not even during interval!!! No shit just fun, is how I rate it. I personally insist you do see this movie.
 
Hope you are clear by now whether you want to go for it or not ;-)
Ok, it's time for me to get back to work, my lab is calling me, loads of work to do...
Bye, see you soon...
Extra Information: What does Red Eye mean??? Here's the dictionary definition: redeye, n: A night flight from which the passengers emerge with eyes red from lack of sleep. I didn't know it earlier, you are lucky you know it before you go for the movie!

No comments: