Saturday, January 22, 2005

What a Farm House

Yes, ever since I've returned from my vacation, I have been more than busy and UNABLE to spare time for myself. Though there's definite increase in work load, it's not equivalent to increased time I have been spending at office, pounding arduously at the keyboards! I usually scorn when I don't get timely responses to emails (messages), and now I myself am having a tough time replying on time even a few mails :'-( I believe it has to do more with my efficiency and ... Wait a minute, I know what are you thinking ... I can read your minds ... So, I will take this matter off-line and while I decide what's the @%$#ing ratio of time spend at office and workload, you can read ahead to see how I spent my weekend.

I had taken an off on Friday last weekend. No, not to ditch work and get an extended weekend, but had to attend an important marriage reception out of town. This meant: No football on Saturday and Sunday, Driving nearly for 13+ hours (day and night) in 24 hours between Friday 0700 hrs and Saturday 0700 hrs, Meager Sleep, Driving Fatigue, No movies (damn, I haven't seen movie for pretty long now), No Jacuzzi and No weekend relaxation ; but all the pain was worth (in fact MORE than worth) the Farm House we had been to attend that function. It was MORE than palatial and adjective AMAZING would ONLY belittle the beauty of the house. To give you an idea of its MAMMOTH size, the size of living room alone is more than 50,000 sq.ft.!!! What ... This sounds less!!! Well, the owner, Godawat Family, is now building another bungalow in the same premises having a living room of the size more than 35,000 sq.ft.! And mind you ... this is a farm house, so there HAS to be LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of landscaping surrounding all of these gigantic bungalows!!! Now you can get an idea of how PALATIAL this might have been. We were an hour too early for the function and so had ample opportunity to have a nice look around the farm house, which took more than 2 hours. Living room was full of costly Swarovski Crystal items, landscape with LOTs of water falls, beautifully planted coconut trees, uncountable variety of flowers, very well maintained lawns and of course a BIG swimming pool too! I was repenting not taking my Digi-Cam out there with me :-( The function was very well managed, but the food was no where close to the standard of the function, despite mind numbing variety (Gujarati, Rajasthani, Continental, Chinese, Maharashtrian & Punjabi, etc). Then there was a live band playing pleasant music, mimicry, etc. on a BIG stage built there. We left the place at about 0030 hrs in the night after sipping a one of the variedly flavoured coffee and I was so much charged with energy that my eyes didn't have a slightest trace of sleep in them! Seeing all this, we only uttered one statement:
"How different is the palace of an emperor!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were you regretting something ????? :-) :D